When I first started my career break travels in 2006, I stumbled across a photography exhibition in Melbourne Australia called The Earth From Above; aerial photography from all over the world. I fell in love with it immediately; it provided such a unique perspective that few people get to see. The exhibit inspired me so much that I actually made a trip to Morocco to see the leather dying vats in Fez that I saw in the exhibition. They captured my interest and I wanted to photograph them myself. Actually – I wanted to photograph many of the places I saw in the exhibit, but access to a helicopter is not normally in my travel budget! So when I had the opportunity to take a helicopter tour via Paradise Helicopters in Hawaii, I jumped at the chance to finally get my shot at aerial photography!
Shooting through glass is not easy, but here’s the best of what I saw….from above.
You can purchase any of this photography by simply clicking on the photo to learn more.
To learn more about the helicopter tour beyond the photos, be sure to check out the post from yesterday – Touring the Big Island from Above
Disclosure: Paradise Helicopters hosted my Hawaii Experience tour. However, all of the opinions expressed here are my own – as you know how I love to speak my mind!
- An Itinerary for the Big Island of Hawaii
- Rain Forest Hawaii
- Solo Travel Instincts
- Chain of Craters Road: How to Enjoy this Barren Landscape
- Road Trip to Puna on the Big Island Hawaii
- Photo Safari – Hunting for Good Photography in Hawaii
- The Big Island from Above
- Have an Authentic Hawaiian Cowboy Experience Herding Cattle on the Big Island
- Hawaii From Above Photography
- A Place to Call Home on the Big Island
- Farm to Table – Vanilla on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Drive to Mauna Kea
- The Birth of Land on the Big Island Hawaii
- Kailua Kona – Lodging with a Personal Touch
- Honey Happiness on the Big Island