The woman at the counter brings my pain au chocolate and says something to me in French. I always admire the French language; it flows so beautifully, like silk coming out of people’s lips. It makes me nostalgic for my high school days when I took French and wondered why I was taking it. After […]
The oldest building in Canada is still active and can be found on University of New Brunswick campus in Fredericton. New Brunswick not only showcases past antiques but brings to light the life and constant energy of life lived outdoors. As one of the three provinces that make up the ‘Maritimes’, New Brunswick shows off its star power in the likes of resources, rock formations and really cool vibe. Come explore with me – we’re bound to find adventures beyond the path of typical.
Some of My Favorite New Brunswick Experiences
- Fly Fish the Mighty Miramichi: Come for the salmon and stay for the fun! Here is where you come to tell the tales of fish farts and experience the joys of outdoor life with the cast of your rod and reel.
- Loving lobster: Learn the industry, find out more about the life cycle of a lobster, experience the catch, try your hand at the market and eat till your heart’s content.
- Live it up in St. Andrews: Relax and adventure, wander and read, find the flowers, watch for whales and eat your weight in seafood in St. Andrews By The Sea.
- Houseboat living: Take turns being the captain, rediscover what’s important and actually find that utterly elusive downtime relaxation.
- Experience the Bay of Fundy: There are trails, whale watching a spectacular National Park and a walk on the water’s floor you’ll never forget!
- Feel the power of the tartan at the Highland Games: The Highland Games and the Scottish Festival join together for one of New Brunswick’s largest festivals. Get to know the area and check out the flinging of objects far and wide.
- Hanging out in Fredericton: Spend the day in this provincial capital town and fill your hours with laughter, farmer’s market finds, beautiful trails, whiskey and beer and all things fun!
- Enjoy life on the Acadian Peninsula: Explore this precious slice of France – eat croissants, practice your language skills, eat delicious chocolate, go clamming, bike and enjoy colorful sunsets right here.
Read More About New Brunswick TravelBack to Destinations
Distillerie Fils Du Roy, A Story in a Bottle
Everyone knows that the best writers are storytellers. The best speakers are storytellers. The best museums tell a story. The best coaches are storytellers, the best leaders are storytellers, the best salespeople are storytellers. My favorite podcasts, (Moth and TED Talks) are storytelling podcasts. Everyone is a storyteller these days; it’s one of the buzz […]
Fly Fishing the Mighty Miramichi River
The fly fishermen sitting next to me have been coming to Country Haven Fishing Lodge along the Miramichi River in New Brunswick for decades. However, they don’t come for the fishing, they come for the good food and a good night’s sleep. Nope, it has nothing to do with the fishing…not at all. Ok…that’s what […]
How Many Ways Can You Eat Lobster?
I love lobster, like really L-O-V-E lobster – I would choose to eat lobster for my final meal if I had to. When I decided to go back to the Canadian Maritimes, it wasn’t the beautiful hikes, welcoming Acadian culture, seaside villages, or biking trails that had me most excited; it was the opportunity to […]
Take a Houseboat Vacation and Learn to Relax
“But what is there to do for 4 days on a houseboat vacation?” I asked Dalene and Pete one day when we were chatting on Facebook planning our upcoming trip to New Brunswick. “You just relax,” Dalene answered in a somewhat surprised that-was-a-stupid-question tone. I was skeptical. Relax…that seems easy, right? For most people it […]
Why You Should Travel With Your Parents Right Now
Its strange how you can be with your parents from your birth, and even after 45 years you learn things about them that you never knew. How is that possible that the people you practically spend the most time with are still a mystery? I believe it’s because most of your lifetime they are playing […]
8 Ways to Experience the Bay of Fundy
It rolls in, it rolls out. It’s never still, much like me. Maybe that’s why I am so fascinated by the Bay of Fundy. However, the Bay of Fundy takes motion to new levels boasting the highest tidal changes in the world rising and falling up to 53 feet a day in some areas. It […]
Ocean to Table Lobster in the Canadian Maritimes
Before they end up on your plate next to melted butter, lobster start small, very small. Lobster eggs have the odds stacked against them, only 1 or 2 in 10,000 will survive and become an adult. But for those who do, this is their life cycle that takes them from that little tiny egg to […]
8 Things to do in St. Andrews By the Sea
St Andrews By-the-Sea is an idyllic maritime town in New Brunswick bolstered by the famous Algonquin Resort established in 1889. The moment you see the Algonquin in St. Andrews you’ll feel like you are in a time warp. I felt as if I had stepped right onto the set of Dirty Dancing, with this old […]
Tartan Power at the Highland Games in New Brunswick
“Whiskey makes the bagpipes sound better, “ said Frank our whiskey tasting MC for the day. I laughed, but I actually like the sounds of bagpipes, however I had never heard them played for this long of period before. You could hear them echoing through the park all day as the music competitions seemed to […]