“The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.” I can still see the poor skier loose his balance and slide down the mountain with skis criss-crossed and pointed every direction. He seemed to bounce across the ground as the well-known words are spoken to kick of the Wide World of Sports every Saturday when […]
Things to do in India :
- Celebrate Holi! The festival begins with a bonfire and culminates in “playing Holi” – the act of dousing friends, neighbors and perfect strangers in brightly colored powders.
- Spend the day with an elephant friend at the Elephantastic park in Jaipur where you can feed, walk with, paint and swim with your elephant. The animals at the government sponsored park were treated humanely and cared for well.
- Venture out of Udaipur into the countryside to visit Kumhalgath Fort or Ranakpur Temple. Each offers unique architecture and history and a chance to get away from the bustle of the city.
- Want to take on a wild adventure? The Rickshaw Run is a 2000 mile pan Indian joyride with a little danger thrown in for good measure and supports great causes like clean, safe drinking water.
Hotels in India :
- Delicious freshly made food, beautifully architecture and comfortable rooms all on a private island just South of Kochi – Soma Kerla Palace offers it all!
- Radisson Blu Jaipur was a great place – with comfortable surroundings and a ridiculously large breakfast buffet – to ease into Jaipur and the Holi festival.
- Jagat Niwas Palace in Udaipur was a lovely gem of a hotel overlooking the lake.
Pictures of India :
India is a riot of color. From the rich hues of spices in the market, to pink palaces and the rainbow spectacle of Holi, India offers a varied and brilliant palette. Add a little color into your life by visiting my India photo gallery.
Read More About India TravelBack to Destinations
The View Inside My Rickshaw
I already showed you the view outside my rickshaw during the Rickshaw Run, now it’s time to get a little glimpse of inside our rickshaw and what some of the ups and downs of driving this tin can 2,300 miles in India was. I’ve put together a little Rickshaw Run video – however, I am […]
The View From My Rickshaw
Only one team member can drive at a time during the Rickshaw Run, so that means half of the time you are a passenger. As a passenger, the back seat wasn’t very comfortable, but somehow we managed to sleep, eat, drink, and backseat drive all from the rear seat. A few days when I had […]
Rickshaw Run FAQ’s
Thinking about doing the Rickshaw Run after following our experience in April 2014? You’ve read through all the adventurous marketing hype and you are ready to sign up! But wait – you’ve got a few Rickshaw Run questions first such as how do you determine a route, where do you sleep, where do you eat, […]
Getting a New Perspective
I was smiling, a big grin that made my eyes crinkle into their normal etched laugh lines, then I opened my eyes. I was within inches of George and Charlie – nose to nose – grinning ear to ear. We looked each other in the eyes as we embraced each other smiling. My daily yoga […]
Solving Market Mysteries
“What is it about photographing markets that you like?” Charlie asked. We were both leaving the early morning fish market on a bit of a morning high that normally is brought on by coffee intake. But this morning there was no coffee – only fish. The last 40 minutes were spent walking around taking photos. […]
Sleeping on a Private Island
“You know what I just realized? We are on a private island of our own!” Sherry cocks her head ever so slightly to consider this. She lets out a laugh! “You are right!” It is our second day at Soma Kerala Palace, an Ayurvedic Resort that is situated on a tiny private island, on a […]
A Soft Landing in Jaipur
The plane wheels hit the ground with a jolt and our seats rocked slightly with the movement of the plane. A few seconds later came the applause – the mainly Indian based passengers did the customary clapping for a safe landing. This act of applauding that we are alive always makes me smile. I smile […]
Rickshaw Run Update From the Road #5
The finish!! I’m traveling 2,000 miles through India by motorized rickshaw, raising $15,000 for Charity: Water. While I’m sweating buckets, becoming one with my horn, avoiding cows, and getting grease under my nails on the road you can follow along with my Instagram updates. The coolest seat on the bus in India is hanging off […]
Rickshaw Run Update From the Road #4
I’m traveling 2,000 miles through India by motorized rickshaw, raising $15,000 for charity: water. While I’m sweating buckets, becoming one with my horn, avoiding cows, and getting grease under my nails on the road you can follow along with my Instagram updates. Got a lovely smile from this woman as we passed by. This […]