Fall is a great time to travel, and there is a well-worn path heading to America’s Northeast to see the fall colors every year. You have to try to get your reservations early for fall foliage viewing, and then fight the crowds, which doesn’t sound like much fun to me. But then again I try […]
Things to do in Minnesota :
- One of my favorite places in Minneapolis is the Walker Art Center which includes the museum and sculpture garden. On a nice day, you can’t get any better views of the city than at the iconic sculpture, Spoonbridge and Cherry, with downtown Minneapolis in the background.
- Grab Minneapolis by the handlebars – at least that’s what Nice Ride biking sharing wants you to do. It’s a bike sharing system in the city that only costs $6 per day and you can get around the whole lake system and city stopping wherever there is another bike stand to ‘click in’ and walk around for a bit.
- Spend some time out on the lakes in the winder doing a little ice fishing or support the Special Olympics by taking a Polar Plunge!
Hotels in Minnesota :
- Radisson Blu Mall of America has a playful design and futuristic feel, but is grounded in the Minnesota experience.
Food in Minnesota :
- GingerHop is where East Meets Northeast and the menu offers “the exciting flavors of Thailand, Vietnam and China along with “Nordeast: dishes and classic bar food jazzed up with Asian twists.”
- Make sure you take advantage of Radisson Blu’s signature restaurant – Firelake Grill and Bar. The design is completely communal with big welcoming tables and Minnesota forward dishes like Walleye Cakes.
Pictures of Minnesota :
Cities, urban art, greenscapes, lakefront and wildness – Minnesota has many faces and all of them are great fun to photograph. Head over to my Minnesota photo gallery to check them out!
Read More About Minnesota TravelBack to Destinations
Week In-Stagram Review Frozen Edition
Each week brings some new scenery and location for me – that’s just the way I like it. If you want to follow where I am real time – then each Friday I will post some of my Instagram photos from the current week. Some weeks I may be traveling somewhere exotic, and some weeks […]
48 Hours in Minneapolis
Disclosure: Club Carlson compensated me and provided for my travel and accommodations in exchange for writing about my travels with them. Regardless, everything I have said in the post reflects my honest observations and opinions. I always knew that Minneapolis was going to be very different than the rest of my cities on my Club […]
Take a Polar Plunge in Minnesota
American has had a pretty mild winter so far, however it’s still cold enough to freeze lakes in Minnesota. On my recent trip there I was able to experience one of the things that makes Minnesotans great – their love of the cold weather. I admire people who live in the Northern US; they have […]
East Meets West in Aisle 5
Remember the scrumptious green papaya salad you bought from the street vendor in Thailand? She asked you how spicy you wanted it and your cringed and said “Thai spicy” – knowing you may regret it later when you couldn’t feel your lips. When you came back to America, you decided to relive the experience so […]
Walking on Water – Minnesota
I used to go running around Lake Harriet in Minneapolis, Minnesota 5 mornings a week – no matter how cold it was. I was one of those crazy runners who never let winter stop me, even if my eyelashes were coated in icicles; in Minnesota winter is a fact of life. Winters around the lake […]