Disclosure: Club Carlson compensated me and provided for my travel and accommodations in exchange for writing about my travels with them. Regardless, everything I have said in the post reflects my honest observations and opinions.
The grand journey has begun as one of the Club Carlson World Travelers! I arrived on the west coast of North America in Vancouver Canada yesterday ready to explore!
Destinations on Different Continents
But before I start exploring these 7 cities, I want to tell you more about what this Club Carlson World Travelers thing is all about and how you can participate. I’m the blogger for the Americas and I’ll be showing you some cool places you can go throughout North America with your Club Carlson Gold Points® . So that I can experience variety, I’m staying in most of the Club Carlson hotel brands in Vancouver, Minneapolis, Chicago, New Orleans, Savannah, Orlando, and Aruba in the next 3 weeks. But you can go to way more than North America with Club Carlson points.
Asia – Blogger and nomad James Clark of the blog Nomadic Notes is traveling through Davao Philippines, Phuket and Bangkok Thailand, Mamallapuram and Jaipur India, and finally Chongqing and Shanghai China. Read more about his trip here.
Europe – Blogger and nomad Nora Dunn of the blog The Professional Hobo is traveling through London, Glasgow, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Oslo, Berlin, Kiev, and Corsica. Read more about her journey here.
How YOU can Participate
In addition to showing you some spectacular destinations, the 3 of us are also competing for one cool prize that will keep you traveling in the future. There are 1 million…yes…MILLION Club Carlson Gold Points® up for grabs between the three of us. But only one of us can win them.
If you don’t know me personally then I’ll tell you now, I’m a competitive person. However, I’m normally competitive with myself most of all – pushing myself to do things that intimidate me. I do love a good challenge. Yet I’ll be completely honest – these types of ‘liking’ social media challenges make me a little uneasy. They sort of remind me of high school where I’m terrified I’m going to be the last person picked for the team in gym. But what I like about this competition is that there’s something in it for you and not simply a ‘please like me’ popularity contest.
If I win the points – then I get to give 1 million Gold Points to my readers any way I’d like. Woohoo! So – basically if I win, then there’s a chance in early 2014 that you can win Gold Points for yourself.
What can you do with Gold Points you ask? MANY things.
As a Club CarlsonSM member, you can redeem your Gold Points® for free nights at more than 1,000 Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide – with no blackout dates on standard rooms. Or choose from a collection of other redemption opportunities such as airline miles, gift cards, prepaid cards, Paypal deposits, and even make charitable donations.
Here’s how you can help me (and you…) win the points:
Go to this main page here and choose the button
Then just follow the instructions from there. There are multiple ways to help me gain points. The more points for me…potentially the more points for you.
• Tweet using my #GlobalTravelerSherry hashtag. Each Tweet will be worth 10 social credits. A maximum of 1Tweet per Twitter ID per day will be counted.
• Share on Facebook using my unique share button on the Support Sherry Ott Page. Each Facebook share will be worth 25 social credits. A maximum of 1 share per Facebook ID per day will be counted.
• Visit & Like the Club Carlson Facebook® page to support any of the Travelers through my unique button on the Support Sherry Ott Page.
• Becomes a follower of @ClubCarlson on Twitter® via the button on my support Sherry Ott page . Each follow is worth 25 social credits.
And the easiest of all-> You can choose one Traveler to support once every 24 hours per Facebook ID. Each support button is worth 25 social credits – just click on the GIVE button on the Support Sherry Ott page.
Please don’t forget to read the Terms and Conditions
And of course – please feel free to support my other two fellow travelers too!
Okay – now that we have all of that out of the way – the exploration in Vancouver can begin!
- What’s Next – 48 Hours, 7 Cities, 3 Weeks, 1 Continent
- Carry-On Challenge #GlobalTravelerSherry
- Show me the Love #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 Hours in Vancouver as #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 Hours in Minneapolis
- 48 Hours in Chicago
- 24 Hours In Savannah as #GlobalTravelerSherry
- Finding the Adult Side of Orlando
- 48 Hours in Aruba
- 7 Cities, 3 Weeks in 1 ½ Minutes as #GlobalTravelerSherry