Disclosure: Club Carlson compensated me and provided for my travel and accommodations in exchange for writing about my travels with them. Regardless, everything I have said in the post reflects my honest observations and opinions.
Andrew handed me his secret piece of paper as if it were the key to the city – and it kind of was, it was the culinary key to the city of Chicago. Andrew Stiles was my life-saver in Chicago and yet I had just met him moments ago when I walked up to his concierge desk at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel and said – “I have a challenge for you.”
He smiled and with a twinkle in his eye said, “Great, I’m ready. What can I help you with?”
“I’m a traveler in need of ideas.”, I replied.
I explained my Club Carlson Global Traveler project to him and said that since I’m traveling so fast, I hadn’t had any time to research what I wanted to do in Chicago. Plus, I had been to Chicago before and I was looking for unique story ideas – I didn’t want to do the same old thing. We bantered around for about 30 minutes talking about various ideas – some I was excited about, and some that seemed a bit over-covered already. Andrew was full of energy, he’d dial the phone lightening quick before I could even say – “Yes, let’s call them and ask.”
But if you just want to cut to the chase, then check out this 2 minute video:
When I asked one of the Chef’s how they come up with these creations he answered, “We drink bourbon and talk about food all day/night, then I usually solidify stuff over the weekend.” Spoken like a true artist.
More Information: El Ideas Website
Remember: Support Me For a Chance to Win 1 Million Club Carlson Gold Points®!
You can support me during this 3-week trip by visiting the Club Carlson Global Travelers Page daily and clicking on the “Support Sherry Ott” button, and following the instructions from there. Terms & Conditions
- What’s Next – 48 Hours, 7 Cities, 3 Weeks, 1 Continent
- Carry-On Challenge #GlobalTravelerSherry
- Show me the Love #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 Hours in Vancouver as #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 Hours in Minneapolis as #GlobalTravelerSherry
- Looking for Ideas in Chicago #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 Hours in Chicago as #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 hours in New Orleans
- New Orleans Music Photography
- 24 Hours In Savannah as #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 Hours in Orlando as #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 Hours in Aruba as #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 7 Cities, 3 Weeks in 1 ½ Minutes as #GlobalTravelerSherry