Disclosure: Club Carlson compensated me and provided for my travel and accommodations in exchange for writing about my travels with them. Regardless, everything I have said in the post reflects my honest observations and opinions.
It’s Friday, so let’s put a little music in your life. I spent last Friday night in New Orleans photographing the music in the streets of the French Quarter and on Frenchmen Street. This is the heart of New Orleans, the music that keeps the city alive.
Don’t Forget Your Camera To Capture the Music
Make sure that when you go out to listen to live music, you bring your camera if you love to capture the candid culture of NOLA. I loved capturing the musicians in action, after all it’s the heartbeat of the city. However, the rule of ask before you click still applies here. Make sure you ask the musicians if it’s ok to take their pictures as they play. 99 percent of them will say yes – after all – they are performers. However it’s always polite to ask before you just start snapping away!
This city is alive – see for yourself!
Want more, then check out my short video what I hear while in New Orleans here .
- What’s Next – 48 Hours, 7 Cities, 3 Weeks, 1 Continent
- Carry-On Challenge #GlobalTravelerSherry
- Show me the Love #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 Hours in Vancouver as #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 Hours in Minneapolis
- 48 Hours in Chicago
- 48 hours in New Orleans
- New Orleans Music Photography
- 24 Hours In Savannah as #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 Hours in Orlando as #GlobalTravelerSherry
- 48 Hours in Aruba
- 7 Cities, 3 Weeks in 1 ½ Minutes as #GlobalTravelerSherry