My name is Sherry Ott and I’m a travel writer, photographer, and speaker from www.Ottsworld.com. In addition, I’m the Co-founder of www.MeetPlanGo.com , the leading career break travel site in America. It focuses on encouraging, inspiring, and helping Americans take a career break and do extended travel. In addition to the travel/destination articles and planning tools on the websites, we also hold a national annual conference about extended travel for North Americans where we help people make their career break travel decisions and motivate them to dust off their passport and see the world.
Travel/Writing /Presentation Style:
I primarily write and speak about my travel and cultural experiences, adventure travel, reviews of travel products/accommodation/tours, and how and why to do career break travel (extended meaningful travel). My travels are primarily solo, cover the globe, and I prefer to find unique cultural experiences and adventures to share with my audience. I utilize a great deal of photography to complement the articles.
Ottsworld Launched June 2006:
- Google Page Rank of 4; Alexa Rank approximately 89,844 worldwide (57,846 USA)
- Per Google Analytics (January March 2013 – 3 month average) Ottsworld received 35,330 unique visitors per month (59,264 page views per month). This includes traffic from Stumble Upon, Facebook, Lonely Planet and Twitter.
- Currently, 13,009 Twitter followers (@Ottsworld), Klout ranking 66, and 1,955 Facebook likes, 985 Instagram followers and 827 Pinterest followers
- Audience: Ottsworld – Primarily female age 25-44. 53% of overall traffic is from the US. (6% UK, 6% Canada, 3% Australia, 2% India)
Meet Plan Go Launched March 2008:
- Google Page Rank of 5; Alexa Rank approximately 128,016 worldwide (52,794 USA)
- Per Google Analytics Meet Plan Go received 16,025 unique visitors (37,023 page views) in April 2013. This includes traffic from Facebook, Twitter and Stumble Upon
- Currently 4,849 Twitter followers (@MeetPlanGo), Klout ranking 51, and 6,465 fans in Facebook
- Newsletter subscribers 4,000+. with 30% open rate.
- Hold travel events in 10 North American cities with 1,200 people in attendance. We help them make their career break travel decisions.
- Meet, Plan, Go! Named one of the Best Travel Websites Ever by Guardian.co.uk
Ottsworld – Primarily female age 25-44. 56% of overall traffic is from the US.
MeetPlanGo – Primarily female age 25-44. 70% of overall traffic is from US
New York Times – Making the Dream Trip a Reality
CNN.com - Career Break Travel Myths with Sherry Ott
USA Today – Learn how to Escape the Cubicle & Hit the Road
FoxNews.com – Ditch Your Day Job to Travel the World
Bing.com – World’s Coolest Travel Jobs: Travel Blogger
America Bar Association Journal – Sabbaticals Help Lawyers
BusinessWeek.com – How Expedia Plans to Make Travel More Social
Short stories published in book To Nepal With Love
Published in Asia LIFE Magazine Oct. 09 – Modern Nomads
Photo Documentary on Laos in online magazine Pology
Sherry Ott chosen as Keables Chair for Iolani School in Ohau Hawai 2014. Established in 1982, the Keables Chair has flourished over the decades, bringing educators and professionals, from a variety of backgrounds, to serve as resident teachers.
Examples of Reviews and Press Trips:
Targeted Destination coverage – Big Island of Hawaii
Walk Beirut – Ottsworld city tour review
My Favorite Activity in Barcelona – Ottsworld cooking class review
Apartments for Extended Travel – Lonely Planet review Barcelona
Red Mountain Resort and Spa – Ottsworld review
How to Best Utilize the I Amsterdam Card – Ottsworld review
Numbers into Beauty – Ottsworld press trip Valencia Spain
Speed in Valencia – Photography – Ottsworld press trip Valencia Spain
I have an active and broad social networking following. I provide a complete social media package to clients and prefer to cover my travels live on twitter and facebook as they happen.
My most recent social media trip was the Mongol Rally. A 8500 mile car rally from London to Mongolia with 3 other travel bloggers. We tweeted under the hashtag #mongolsms in which 93 tweets generaged 1,278,241 impressions reaching an audience of 362,307 followers within 24 hours.
I created the hashtag #MeetPlanGo. On a given day, in 95 tweets it generated 651,808 impressions reaching an audience of 567,356 followers within the 24 hours.
Please contact me to find out any further information about my projects, writing or how you may work with me to get your product or service in front of our readers.