OttsWorld gets more people to see the world by specializing in finding and sharing the most unique destinations and experiences in the world. My goal is to inspire readers to push their limits and invite change into their lives through travel. My travels influence people’s decisions on where to go and what to do for their vacations as well as longer trips.
In addition, I’m the Co-founder of www.MeetPlanGo.com , the leading career break travel site in America. Meet Plan Go provides valuable information and resources for future career-break explorers. In addition to the articles and planning tools on the website, we also hold a national conference about extended travel for North Americans where we help people make decisions on where to go and what to do as well as motivate them to dust off their passport and see the world. Meet Plan Go has been named on the Best Travel Websites Ever by Guardian.co.uk.
What do I offer?
Whether I travel independently or in association with a sponsor, my goal is to always promote and inspire my readers to visit the destinations and learn more about my partners.
35% of readers say they’ve decided on a travel destination based on stories/images they saw on OttsWorld
OttsWorld & Meet Plan Go provide:
• Research & Travel Tips
• Personal Travel Stories
• Inspiration for Future Travel
• Speaking Engagements
• Sponsorship Opportunities
Ottsworld Launched June 2006:
- Google Page Rank of 4; Alexa Rank approximately 61,300 worldwide (21,271 USA)
- Per Google Analytics (2013 Monthly Average) Ottsworld received 33,360 unique visitors per month (54,997 page views per month). This includes traffic from Stumble Upon, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Currently, 20,794 Twitter followers (@Ottsworld), Klout ranking 66, and 2,800 Facebook likes, 1,583 Instagram followers and 9,987 Pinterest followers
- Audience: Ottsworld – Primarily female age 25-44. 50% of overall traffic is from the US. (7% UK, 6% Canada, 3% Australia, 2% India, 1% Germany)
Meet Plan Go Launched March 2008:
- Google Page Rank of 4; Alexa Rank approximately 284,993 worldwide (89,381 USA)
- Per Google Analytics (2013 Monthly Average) Meet Plan Go received 13,676 unique monthly visitors (31,206 page views). This includes traffic from Facebook, Twitter and Stumble Upon
- Currently 5,058 Twitter followers (@MeetPlanGo), Klout ranking 51, and 7,368 fans in Facebook
- Newsletter subscribers 4,000+. with 30% open rate.
- Held travel events in 10 North American cities with 1,200 people in attendance. We help them make their career break travel decisions.
- Meet, Plan, Go! Named one of the Best Travel Websites Ever by Guardian.co.uk
Ottsworld – Primarily female age 25-44. 56% of overall traffic is from the US.
MeetPlanGo – Primarily female age 25-44. 70% of overall traffic is from US
New York Times – Making the Dream Trip a Reality
CNN.com - Career Break Travel Myths with Sherry Ott
USA Today – Learn how to Escape the Cubicle & Hit the Road
FoxNews.com – Ditch Your Day Job to Travel the World
Travel & Escape’s Original Web Series – Beyond Wanderlust: The New Nomads
Women’s Health Magazine Online – 6 Tips for Making Solo Travel Amazing
BBC Travel – Forms of Identification: Sherry Ott
America Bar Association Journal – Sabbaticals Help Lawyers
Short stories published in book To Nepal With Love
Published in Asia LIFE Magazine Oct. 09 – Modern Nomads
Photo Documentary on Laos in online magazine Pology
Fodor’s - Instagram Favorite Follow Ottsworld
Rudy Maxa’s World - January 2014 Interviewed about career break travel
Travel and Escape Award Winning Web Televsion Show – New Nomads
Sherry Ott chosen as Keables Chair for Iolani School in Ohau Hawai 2014. Established in 1982, the Keables Chair has flourished over the decades, bringing educators and professionals, from a variety of backgrounds, to serve as resident teachers.
Meet, Plan, Go! Named one of the Best Travel Website Ever by Guardian.co.uk
Examples of Reviews and Press Trips:
Targeted Destination coverage – Big Island of Hawaii
Walk Beirut – Ottsworld city tour review
My Favorite Activity in Barcelona – Ottsworld cooking class review
Apartments for Extended Travel – Lonely Planet review Barcelona
Red Mountain Resort and Spa – Ottsworld review
How to Best Utilize the I Amsterdam Card – Ottsworld review
Numbers into Beauty – Ottsworld press trip Valencia Spain
Travel to Costa Brava Spain via Amateur Traveler Podcast
Social Media Projects:
I have an active and broad social networking following. I provide a complete social media package to clients and prefer to cover my travels live on twitter and facebook as they happen.
What do People Have To Say About Sherry?
“I worked with Sherry on the award-winning #VisitLanai program in 2012. Sherry is committed to delivering the best outcomes possible. To do that, she explored the destination and sought out unique story ideas. She leveraged her stories across numerous outlets in addition to her popular blog. She pays attention to detail and is very responsive in the planning conversations. I endorse her work without reservation.” — Roxanne Darling, Lanai Visitors Bureau
“I would hands down recommend Sherry. She is organized, efficient, and flexible. Her photos, content and social media interaction gave us exactly the kind of promotion we were hoping to see. Her level of professionalism and post-campaign reporting made the campaign seamless and a big success“.
–Monika Sundem, Adventure Life
“Sherry’s life story and photography is incredibly beautiful and inspiring… Sherry Ott herself is an amazing and inspiring woman! Sherry has taught people all over the world about the importance of taking a break from the workforce. She is a hard worker and is truly dedicated to the life’s work she has taken on. Sherry’s professionalism paired with passion for her work makes her a wonderful person to work with. Through our two campaigns that she took part in, she has proven to be a great asset, a friend and a great support to our company!” –Sara Robles, Go with Oh
Please contact me to find out any further information about my projects, writing or how you may work with me to get your product or service in front of our readers.
“A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world.” – John le Carre