This week marks the beginning of a new Niece Project! Megan and I left Minnesota and headed south for Lima Peru to start our journey. As soon as we got on the plane and took off I was reminded of how much fun these trips are for me. It didn’t take long before Megan had me trying new things such as playing iphone games on the plane instead of writing! We had a few delays but made it to Lima where we were treated with perfect weather to get acquainted with the town. We muddled our way through Spanish menus trying to order, met our fellow travelers in our Intrepid Group, and saw a few of the main sites in Lima. I will never forget Megan’s fear and elation as we went into the creepy catacombs of the Monastery of San Francisco to see thousands bones and skulls from the mass burial site there.
We then hopped on another plane and started our journey into thin air – Cusco. I am writing this ‘week in review’ a bit early because as you read this we will be trekking to Machu Picchu and won’t have any internet access for a few days. We have quite a challenge ahead of us for the Quarry Trail hike as we head up to 14,760 ft, so tune in next week to see how we fared on the next Instagram review!
What is Week In-Stagram Review?
- The Niece Project
- Rome for the First Time
- The Heart of Food in Rome
- Vatican 101
- Rome Travel Tips
- Taking the Path Previously Traveled
- How to Eat Pizza Like an Italian
- The Next Niece – Destination Unknown
- Evie’s Decision
- Modern Family
- Are we There Yet?
- Assuming Responsibility
- Finding our Stride in Hanoi
- What to Expect in Halong Bay
- Local Experiences Along the Tourist Trail in Hue
- Taking the High Road Hai Van Pass
- Hunting for Photos in Hoi An
- Saigon Unseen
- The Incredible Edible Egg Embryo
- Eating on the Streets in Saigon
- How to be a Good First Time Traveler
- The Niece Project Version 3.0
- Week In-Stagram Review Niece Project 3.0
- Week In-Stagram Review Volunteering
- Bumpy Beginnings Niece Project 3.0
- How to travel with other people’s kids