Each week brings some new scenery and location for me – that’s just the way I like it. If you want to follow where I am real time – then on Friday I will post some of my Instagram photos from the current week. Some weeks I may be traveling somewhere exotic, and some weeks it may be less interesting – but it will give you a peek into my life of perpetual motion.
This week I focused on something simple – water. In fact, it’s so simple that we take it for granted. As you may know, I’m throwing a big party in NYC next week all in the name of Adventure + Water. My Rickshaw Run partner and Baang + Burne Gallery Director, Charlie Grosso, has put together a stellar lineup of contemporary art for us to enjoy and bid on as part of our fundraiser part next week. Seriously – you may walk away with some amazing steals on art pieces – you can see the lineup here. We have some fun interactive opportunities as well as other exciting travel items to auction and raffle off. If you are in NYC – we invite you to come out next Thursday the 23rd – meet us, have some booze, see what a rickshaw is, learn about the water we take for granted, and bid on some art. RSVP here.
This week Charlie and I decided to bring some more visibility to the water crisis with the help of our friends at charity: water (loaning us a jerry can), and Mobile Media Lab (who loaned us their well-connected InstagramNYC account for the day). We drug that jerry can all over NYC to some iconic spots. Yes – lots of people stared at us, some people asked us what we were doing, and two young men around NYU thought that we worked for charity: water. But we reached a lot of people with a simple message – think about the water you see around you every day – it’s plentiful and easy – but that’s not the case for the rest of the world. And of course we invited everyone to our fundraiser! This isn’t the first time Charlie and I have taken to the streets of NYC to spread a message – and we had just as much fun this time with our jerry can.
If you can’t make it to the event in NYC – then I plead with you to help us out directly and donate to our campaign here.
- Join me in NYC to Discuss Travel With Purpose
- Get Ready for the Rickshaw Run
- Rickshaw Run FAQ’s
- Sleepless in India – It’s Real Now
- How to Follow Us on The #RickshawRun
- What is a Rickshaw
- Rickshaw Run Update From the Road 1
- Rickshaw Run Update From the Road #2
- Rickshaw Run Update From the Road #3
- Rickshaw Run Update From the Road #4
- Rickshaw Run Update From the Road #5
- The View From My Rickshaw
- The View Inside My Rickshaw
- Crazy is Beautiful
- Rickshaw Run Thrills and Agony
- Week In-stagram Review Focus on Water
- What I NEED for my Birthday Today
- Art + Travel + Adventure = January 23rd in NYC
- Water, Rickshaws, and Win Fab Travel Prizes