It’s not as if you really needed any reasons – but just for the fun of it – 10 reasons to kayak in Antarctica.
Bonus! -> I will even add an 11th reason – kayaking in Antarctica provides great dinner conversation every night on the boat. Nearly every table I was at talked about kayaking – people mainly wanted to know what it was about and what we saw when we were out. So – if you want to be the center of dinner conversation, then consider kayaking!
The group kayaked 33.38 nautical miles on our trip and I participated in 23.7 of those miles. Yet addmittingly I didn’t paddle as much as my partner considering someone had to take the video footage! Our guides and staff were great at taking safety into account considering the weather can change pretty rapidly. In fact in the video the couple who capsized their kayak volunteered to do so. The kayaking team used it as a safety drill and were quick to get them out of the water.
I think I can pretty safely say that Antarctica must be one of the most beautiful places to kayak in the world.
Where else would you like to go kayaking? Please share in the comments!
You can follow in Sherry’s footsteps all the way to Antarctica. Plan your trip of a lifetime to Antarctica with ExpeditionTrips and save 5% on your voyage rate – exclusively for OttsWorld followers
Disclosure: ExpeditionTrips and G Adventures hosted my Antarctic Peninsula Cruise. However, all of the opinions expressed here are my own – as you know how I love to speak my mind!
- Antarctica Preparation and Planning
- Knocking Things Off My Bucket List
- Preparing for the Passage
- Iguazu Falls Argentina in Photos
- Travels with my Father
- Antarctica’s Winged Mascot
- How Cruising to Antarctica Works
- Icebergs and their Hidden Stories
- The Oldest Ghost Town in Antarctica
- 5 Surprising Things You Can Do on Antarctica
- How Kayaking in Antarctica Works
- Plunging into my Fears
- Mother Nature is in Charge
- The Drake Symphony
- 10 Reasons You Should Kayak in Antarctica
- Antarctica Wildlife Sightings
- Ice Patterns